Best BPA Free Coffee Makers: Learn More and See the 5 Top Picks of 2021
If you're searching for the best BPA free coffee makers, we've got you covered. And, although you've probably done your homework regarding BPA, what it is and why you might have a concern, we'll give you some helpful information and guide you to the experts for more detail.
We're here to help as much as we can, knowing that our expertise is in the search, discovery, and recommendation of the best coffee makers that are free of BPA. As for the rest, we'll provide some non-techie information and point you to those who speak with authority.
Just wanted to be clear on that! All that said, there is a wealth of helpful information, product reviews, and tips for you to aid in your search for the best BPA free coffee maker for your lifestyle and budget. You'll find the short list below, and then a thorough review of our top 5 recommendations a little further along. Just check the helpful table of contents for more detail.
How do we come up with our 'best of' list? Honestly, with time, and attention to detail. We scour the internet world, discover what's available, and filter out the machines that don't make the cut. Then, we study the features and benefits individually for those that look promising, comb through the reviews and actually read them, to identify the pros and cons of each model as identified by real-life users. From there, we identify the top...the best...the most consistently rated higher...and present them to you.
If you happen to click on a link and then make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
The Best BPA Free Coffee Makers - Our Top 5 Picks for 2021
Here is the short list of the top 5 picks for the best BPA-free coffee makers for 2021. We'll give you all the why's and wherefores below, but if you want to cut right to the chase, here it is. Note that we don't rank our recommendations. Why? Well, we know that as a consumer of coffee, your taste, budget, and lifestyle is unique.
Any one of these suggestions could be the perfect choice for you!
What is BPA?
It helps to start with the definition of BPA so we stay informed and know what we're discussing in this post, and why discovering the best BPA free coffee makers may be significant to you as a consumer.
According to the Mayo Clinic, BPA is an industrial chemical, bisphenol A, that has been used to make certain plastics and resins since the 1960s. BPA is found in polycarbonate plastics and resins that are often used to store food and beverages, and may also be used in other consumer goods.
What are the concerns about BPA?
According to research conducted, BPA can migrate into food or beverages from containers that are made with BPA, with increased likelihood when the contents are heated or the container is scratched and rough. There are concerns about the possible effects on children, infants, and fetuses, as well as a possible link with increased blood pressure.
Is BPA harmful?
The FDA has indicated that BPA is safe at the very low levels that occur in some foods, and they continue to monitor the research. If you want to learn more, read this helpful article.
BPA and your coffee maker?
If you are concerned about the potential of BPA side effects or health impact, then it makes sense to find a BPA free coffee maker as well as other consumer products that are labeled as BPA-free.
How to Identify BPA in a Coffee maker
If you want to start with the coffee maker that currently lives on your kitchen counter, here are some tips to help you identify if BPA is present. How will you do that?
In part, using observation and common sense will give you a fairly good indication of whether or not your current coffee maker contains BPA.
When observing, check to see what your carafe, reservoir, and filter basket are made from. These are the components that come into contact with your coffee as it is being brewed. If they are all made with something other than plastic, your coffee maker should be BPA-free.
If you're not sure whether these components are made from plastic or another material such as the ultra durable polycarbonate plastic, check to see if the number 7 or letters PC are found on it. If so, then it probably does contain BPA.
Finally, give your coffee maker's User Guide a thorough review to determine what it is made from.
It is important to note that a BPA-free coffee maker may have some plastic components, but they do not come into contact with the coffee or water.
Ultimately, if your goal is to minimize or remove BPA from your kitchen, then read on to discover the best BPA free coffee maker for your household!
How to Choose a BPA Free Coffee Maker
If you've determined that BPA-free products are the best choice for your household, consider these points as you search for the best BPA free coffee maker:
- Use a coffee maker with no plastic parts, which may mean that you brew your java in a different way than in the past. Nothing wrong with that, though. You've probably noticed that one of our top recommendations is our old friend the electric percolator.
- Make sure that you know what you're purchasing, by reading labels, published information, and any other data about your potential coffee maker before you buy it.
- Are you willing to consider an alternative coffee brewing method? You might be surprised (and your taste buds thrilled) to discover that brewing with a pour over or a French press doesn't take that much extra time, and the results are so worth the few minutes of preparation.
Best BPA Free Coffee Makers
Here are the top 5 BPA free coffee makers that we are recommending for 2021. As noted above, we don't rank them in any order, because you, my friend, will detect which product may work best for your lifestyle and budget when you read through these reviews.
Any one of these machines may be the perfect choice for...you!
quality coffee without the high ticket price
If you've made the decision to switch to a BPA-free coffee maker, this model has been compared to the most costly Moccamaster (found below) by a number of consumer reviewers. It is worth a look!
- One-touch brew operation with auto-off
- Carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead are dishwasher safe
- Powerful and precise 1500-watt heater maintains optimal brewing temperature of 195°-205°F (91°-96°C)
- Optional pre-infusion mode wets freshly roasted ground coffee to allow degassing before brewing
- Flat-bottomed filter basket and larger showerhead allow for even better saturation and uniform extraction
no plastic here, just like your mom used to have
No plastic in this Presto percolator, and it harkens back to the days when life was a bit simpler. The coffee brews quickly and stays hot. Some reviewers feel strongly that a medium coffee grind and no paper filter results in the best tasting coffee (with a few grounds in the bottom of your cup).
- Brews great-tasting coffee-rich, hot, and flavorful
- Makes 2 to 12 cups of coffee as fast as a cup a minute, then keeps it piping hot automatically
- Easy-pour spout and traditional design provide elegant coffee service anytime
- Luxurious stainless steel construction for easy cleaning and lasting beauty
- Made of durable stainless steel including the filter basket and perk tube; Signal light indicates when coffee is ready to serve
brew an amazing cup of coffee
The Techinivorm Moccamaster has many raving reviews, and then a fair number of disappointed consumers. What to do? Like most appliances, you'll want to read through the manual, follow the suggestions for brewing your coffee, tweak it to suit your preferences. Bottom line? Per the manufacturer, it is BPA-free.
- Perfect Coffee Every Time: This pump-free coffee maker heats water to the correct temperature for coffee extraction
- Easy to Use: The Moccamaster brews a full 40 oz pot of coffee in 4-6 minutes using one switch
- Quiet and Safe: The Moccamaster KBG quietly brews your coffee and automatically turns off after 100 minutes
- Quality Materials: Moccamasters last a lifetime. We use BPA/BPS/BPF and Phthalate free plastics and durable stainless steel and aluminum
- Delicious Coffee and Peace of Mind: Moccamaster coffee brewers have a 5-year warranty
make a pot of coffee or a single serve with one machine
It's a bit of an investment for some, but the BPA free construction, 3 year warranty, and flexibility to make a pot of coffee or single serve in one machine might swing the vote on this one.
- The Cuisinart Coffee Center features a fully automatic thermal coffeemaker on one side and a single-serve brewer on the other.
- Single-Serve Features: 3 serving sizes: 6, 8, 10 oz., K-Cup pod compatible, Includes Cuisinart’s HomeBarista Reusable Filter Cup which lets you use your own coffee,Removable 40oz reservoir and Energy Save modeRemovable drip tray for travel mugsCharcoal water filter
- Carafe Brewer Features: 10-cup thermal carafe with stainless steel handle, Fully automatic – 24-hour brew start, self-clean, ready alert, Brew Strength Control – select BOLD for stronger coffee flavor, Easy-view water windowBrew Pause feature andGold-tone coffee filter that lets only pure coffee flavor flow through
- BPA Free
- 3-Year Warranty
function meets affordability
Many satisfied reviewers of this affordable 12-cup BPA free coffee maker from Bonsenkitchen. The main complaint was a hard-to-read user guide because it was translated poorly. But most rave about the coffee!
- ☕Keep Your Coffee Hot: Hotter brewing design ensure your coffee hot when brewing. Also The Hot Preservation function keep your coffee hot all the day for coffee lover. You can enjoy a hot cup of coffee whenever you want. The adjustable hot plate(temperature option) allow your coffee keep a temperature you like.
- ☕Fully automatic with 24-hour Programmability: You set up time option before sleeping that you can enjoy the hot coffee immediately when you wake up. Brew strength control feature that you can select bold or regualer coffee flavor, meet your different style.
- ☕Keep Coffee Maker Clean: You can use the automatic self cleaning function to clean the inside of the electric coffee machine. Keep the machine clean, stay your healthy.
- ☕User-Friendly Design: The smart coffee maker built in LCD light screen, you can brew your coffee in dark place. Features an auto-off function, allowing the drip coffee maker to turn off after 1 minute inactivity to preserve battery life.
- ☕BPA-Free Plastic & SUS 304 Stainless Steel: Material safety with handle achieve easy and economical operation; perfect size for household use and easy-view water window
Other Coffee Brewing Methods with BPA Free Coffee Options
BPA free coffee makers come in all shapes and sizes, friend. If you have already developed a love and passion for pour over coffee, french press coffee, or prefer a single serve coffee maker, here are some BPA free suggestions for you!
- ✔【Unlock More Flavor】: This pour over coffee maker unlocks the full potential of coffee. It is even better to make a cup of coffee with the super fine and soft ground coffee getting from LHS coffee grinder.
- ✔【Paperless Stainless Steel Filter】: No paper filters needed! No need to endlessly adding them to your grocery list and a residual taste of bleach in your coffee. Our filters are a single layer of micro-mesh. It is not easy to get rust or blocked, gives you durable coffee filter without harming a single tree.
- ✔【BPA-Free Glass Carafe】: Serve and enjoy a fresh cup of coffee from the glass carafe that’s heat resistant, odor resistant and stain resistant, and perfect for modern kitchen. (Serves 2-3 Cups)
- ✔【Enjoy Your Coffee】: This coffee maker set are perfect for family, office, party, teatime. Also compatible with lemon tea, iced tea or other beverage.
- ✔【Why Choose Us】: We will spare no effort to make you smile.Click ‘Add to Cart’ now to make coffee brewing a convenient, healthy, and stylish affair!
- ☕️ TRIANGLE BASED FOR BETTER GRIP - Unlike the other French Press on the market, SAKI French Press engineered to provide the best press experience for our valued customers. Exquisite Triangle Base to confidently press down to french press coffee maker without shaking the glass beaker.
- ☕️ 4 LEVEL FILTRATION SYSTEM - With a 4 level filtration system, a double stainless steel screen filters out the coffee grounds completely, offering you enriching the perfect taste of homemade professional barista experience. Perfect french press coffee every time.
- ☕️ FOOD GRADE MATERIALS - our SAKI French Press large carafe is made of extra-thick heat resistant borosilicate glass, glass holder part is made of 304-grade stainless steel to avoid rust which is 100% BPA-Free. Our SAKI French Press all original materials surpass food/drink grade quality requirements with certified lab tests.
- ☕️ DISHWASHER SAFE - SAKI French Press Coffee maker's parts are easy to remove for easy cleaning. With high heat resistant borosilicate glass, you can use dishwasher safely for the glass parts. Also, you can use the brush inside the box to clean the hard to reach parts.
- ☕️ LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE - We pride ourselves on being buyer-friendly, which is why a 100% Replacement Guarantee covers each french press coffee maker kit. Contact us for any concerns or issues.
- ☕ 2 in 1 Brew Function Coffee Pod Machine: 2 button options on capsule pods and ground coffee you can choose both ways to brewing a delicious coffee.
- ☕ Brew With Strength Control: 6 oz to 14 oz water reservoir, the single server coffee maker with BPA Free & brew strength control, you can select regular or bold coffee flavor, whatever you like better.
- ☕ Auto-off & Self-Cleaning: 2 combinations achieving programmable auto off and the automatic cleaning by simply pressing two buttons simultaneously.
- ☕Simple Button Controls: 3 Mins to get hot coffee, you can insert capsule pods or pour into some ground coffee, then press the corresponding button.
- ☕ Compact & Space Design: Compact size design can save your counter space. Multiple occasions like Hotel, room, office, kitchen, etc., also provides you with a convenient coffee making environment.
Learn More About BPA
We want you to be educated and informed about BPA, including both the positive and negative implications. And, we're not the experts. So here are some helpful links to more in-depth information, facts, and recommendations regarding BPA and its impact on your health and your home:
When all is said and done, it's a personal decision to create a BPA-free home, including your kitchen, coffee maker and the capability to brew a great-tasting cup of coffee.
So if you've done the research and made the commitment, we trust that you've found the best BPA free coffee maker right here!
Candi Randolph is a coffee lover, blogger, and content creator who loves to share her knowledge with the coffee-drinking world. You'll often find her tending to her coffee bar at home, deciding which method to use to brew her next cup of java. Life is full of important decisions.